51-year-old woman is latest to die from COVID-19, as cases climb to 40
The Nassau Guardian April 8, 2020
A 51-year-old woman who died is the latest COVID-19 victim, Minister of Heath Dr. Duane Sands confirmed today.
The latest death comes as the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases increased by four.
So far, there have been 40 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in The Bahamas.
Dr. Sands said the woman tested positive for the virus after her death. He did not indicate when she died.
Of the three other new cases, one patient has been admitted to hospital. The remaining two are in isolation, he said.
Nearly 400 people have been tested for COVID-19 in The Bahamas.
Seven people have died from the virus and five people have recovered.