The Nassau Guardian May 7, 2020
The government is giving “serious consideration” to implementing a two-week lockdown on Bimini, which has been deemed a hotspot for COVID-19, according to Dr. Merceline Dahl-Regis, health consultant in the Office of the Prime Minister.
With 11 cases in total now, Bimini is second in case numbers only to New Providence, which has 69.
Dr. Dahl-Regis said a total of 78 people have been tested on Bimini.
West Grand Bahama and Bimini MP Pakesia Parker-Edgecombe last week called for a two-week lockdown of the island to curb the spread of the virus there.
There have been 92 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in The Bahamas. The remaining cases are on Grand Bahama and Cat Cay.
The Ministry of Health said 31 people have recovered and 11 have died.