Search

Ministry of Health investigating possible COVID-19 death on Bimini

May 11, 2020

The Nassau Guardian

The Ministry of Health is investigating a possible COVID-19 death on Bimini, according to Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr. Delon Brennen.

“Our understanding is that there was a death on Bimini in a patient that was previously confirmed as COVID positive,” Dr. Brennen told The Nassau Guardian on Monday.

If confirmed, this would be the second COVID-19 related death on that island.

Kim Johnson-Rolle, a 57-year-old Bimini businesswoman died last month after being airlifted to New Providence and was later tested positive for COVID-19. She was the first Bahamian to die from the virus.

Bimini has been identified as a COVID-19 hotspot with 11 cases in total now, second in case numbers only to New Providence, which has 69.

Last week, Dr. Merceline Dahl-Regis, advisor to the prime minister, said the government was “seriously considering” the implementation of a two-week lockdown of Bimini.

0 views

Proud Sponsors

CB_BS logo2.png
Abaco Chamber of Commerce
  • Public Relations Committee

  • Crime and Justice Committee

  • Corporate Social Responsibility

  • Trade and Business Development Committee

  • Chamber's Environment, Safety and Health Committee

  • Training and Education Committee

Get Monthly Updates

Email: info@abacochamber.org

Phone: 242.367.5822

Registered Association

© 2019 Abaco Chamber of Commerce |  Terms of Use  |   Privacy Policy